Emmanuel offers a children’s and youth ministry programme designed to meet different needs. It is co-ordinated and overseen by the Church’s Youth Worker, Wanda Barnard.
Why We Are Here
The Church is committed to providing practical and spiritual help in order to prepare children and young people in its care for their future lives and careers. A mixture of spiritual and recreational activities feature in the programme, and young people have the opportunity to take the step of becoming followers of Jesus Christ.
The challenge facing the Church is to create an environment into which children and young people are glad to come. We certainly aim to make church enjoyable for them. Our prayer is that, with God’s help, they will see the relevance of Christian faith modelled by adults who live in the real world, but who are wholly dedicated to Jesus Christ. Our aim is to see children and young people make their own heart-felt decisions to be Christ’s followers and live their lives built on the foundation of faith in him.
- Sundays 11.00am – Groups for children and young people are run during the service
- Ignite, a discipleship group for teenagers, meets at 7:00pm
- Thursday 4:00pm – Praise Club for primary age children
- Friday 7.00pm – Youth Club at the Windmill Street Church Centre
- In school holidays we run Make Lunch